To apply for registration as a prosthetist or orthotist, please follow these steps:
- Fill out the application form
- Submit the form electronically.
- Click "Approve" and pay the fee.
- Send the required documentation by post to the Danish Patient Safety Authority or as attached files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting the required documentation, please also indicate the countries where you have been working in the last 5 years.
Note: If you choose to send documentation by email, ensure that the scanned documents are of excellent quality, in color, and fully legible.
To complete your application, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of identity, including a copy of the relevant page in your passport displaying your name, date of birth, and nationality.
- Name change certificate or marriage certificate, if applicable.
- EU diploma or any other evidence of formal qualifications as mentioned in Annex to Directive 2005/36/EC.
- Translation of the EU diploma or other evidence of formal qualifications, if necessary.
- A certificate of conformity issued by the health authorities confirming that you have completed the required training to obtain your qualification, and that this training meets the standards specified in Directive 2005/36/EC.
- Translation of the statement from the health authorities, if necessary.
- Certificate of current professional status or certificate of good standing. The certificate must confirm that you are authorized to practice as a midwife (including as a specialist) and that your license to practice has not been revoked. If the certificate is not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, we will assess it and provide you with instructions to have it translated. The certificate must have been issued no more than 3 months before the Danish Patient Safety Authority receives all the documentation. Note: A certificate of good standing is not required from Sweden and Norway, as the Danish Patient Safety Authority will contact the respective authorities.
- Supplementary documentation or any other information you believe may be relevant to the assessment of your qualifications.
- Power of attorney, if another person, including employment agencies, is handling your application.
Certificate of Non-registration
If you are not yet registered within your profession and therefore cannot submit a certificate of good standing, you must instead provide a certificate of non-registration to the Danish Patient Safety Authority.
Certificate of Non-registration
If you choose to send original documents, please include an ordinary copy of each document. The set of copies must be identical to the original documents and should be in black and white. The copies must be in A4 format and free from paper clips, folders, etc. We may request to see the original documents. Original documents will be returned to you by registered post to the address provided in the application form. Please inform us if you change your address.
If your documents are not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, you may include translations into one of these languages. Alternatively, you can wait until we have processed your application and assessed which documents need to be translated. However, please note that this may result in an extended assessment time. Translations must meet the following requirements:
- Translated by the university or authority that issued the document.
- Translated by a translator. The translator's name and stamp must be clearly visible on the translation. If the stamp is not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, it must be translated by a translator.
Upon receiving your application and supporting documents, we will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your application for Danish authorization (please check your junk email folder, as our emails may occasionally end up there). We will promptly inform you of any missing documents.
Applications are processed in the order they are received. The expected processing time is 3 months from the receipt of all necessary information and documentation.
We give priority to applications that are closer to being able to contribute to the Danish healthcare system. The prioritization considers both the societal benefit and individual application. Consequently, we will prioritize your application if you provide documentation for a specific job offer or an email from an employer indicating employment that requires Danish authorization. This priority applies to all applications that have not yet been processed.
Notification of Decision: If your application is approved, we will send you an email with your Danish authorization. If the decision is not in your favor, we will provide you with an assessment prior to making a final decision, or you will receive a substantiated decision.
The Public Online Register of Healthcare Professionals
Once you receive your authorization as a midwife, your registration will be visible on our public online register of healthcare professionals. This register allows you, your employer, and anyone interested to verify your registration status.
Online Register - Registered Health Professionals