To apply for registration as a medical laboratory technologist, please follow these steps:
- Complete the
- Submit the form electronically.
- Click "Approve" and proceed with the payment of the required fee.
- Send the necessary documentation to the Danish Patient Safety Authority by post or as attached files via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting the documentation, please indicate the countries where you have been employed in the last 5 years.
For email submissions, ensure that scanned documents are of high quality, in color, and fully visible.
Please provide the following documentation:
- Proof of identity, including name, date of birth, and nationality (e.g., a copy of the relevant passport page).
- Name change certificate or marriage certificate, if applicable.
- Diploma or certificate.
- Detailed transcript of your educational program, including:
- Admission requirements
- Total duration of education
- Theoretical education: subjects and lecture hours for each subject
- Clinical education: subjects and duration in hours
- Clinical education: departments and the number of weeks spent in each department
- Certificate of current professional status or a certificate of good standing. This document should confirm your entitlement to practice within your profession, including any specialization, and that your license to practice has not been revoked. If the certificate is not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, we will assess it separately and provide instructions for translation. The certificate must be issued no more than 3 months before the Danish Patient Safety Authority receives all the documentation. Please note that certificates of good standing are not required from Sweden and Norway, as we will contact the respective authorities directly.
- If your profession is not regulated in your home country or country of education, you must have practiced your profession on a full-time basis for at least one year or for an equivalent duration on a part-time basis within the last 10 years.
- Supplementary documentation or any additional information that you believe may be relevant to the assessment of your qualifications.
- Power of attorney, if another person or entity (such as an employment agency) is handling your application.
Certificate of Non-registration
If you are not yet registered within your profession and cannot provide a certificate of good standing, you must submit a certificate of non-registration directly from the competent authority to the Danish Patient Safety Authority.
Certificate of Non-registration
If you are sending original documents, please include ordinary copies of each document. The copies should be identical to the original documents, in black and white, and in A4 format. Avoid using paper clips or folders. We may request presentation of the original documents, which will be returned to you by registered post to the address provided in the application form. Please notify us if your address changes.
If your documents are not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, you may include translations into one of these languages. Alternatively, you can wait until we have processed your application and assessed which documents need to be translated. However, please note that this may result in longer processing times. Translations should be done by:
- The university or authority that issued the document.
- A translator. The translator's name and stamp must be clearly visible on the translation. If the stamp is not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, it must be translated by a translator.
Upon receiving your application and supporting documents, we will send you an acknowledgment email (please check your junk email folder as well). We will review your application and promptly inform you of any missing documents.
We process applications in the order they are received, aiming to complete the process within 4 months of receiving all required documentation. While we strive to meet this goal, it may not be possible in all cases. We are actively working to reduce processing times and achieve the 4-month target.
We prioritize applicants who are closest to being able to contribute to the Danish healthcare system. This prioritization considers both the societal benefit and the individual applicant's circumstances. Therefore, if you provide documentation for a specific job offer or an email from an employer requiring Danish authorization, your application will be given priority. This priority applies to all pending applications.
Please note that having a job offer does not guarantee obtaining Danish authorization. We may also issue conditional decisions, which require you to fulfill certain conditions before receiving Danish authorization. If you receive a conditional decision, you will not be able to commence employment immediately. In some cases, your application may be rejected following our examination.
The Public Online Register of Healthcare Professionals
Once you receive authorization as a dental hygienist, your registration will appear on our public online register of healthcare professionals. This register allows you, your employer, and anyone interested to verify your registration status.
Online Register - Registered Health Professionals