To apply for registration as a nurse, follow these steps:
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit the form electronically.
- Click "Approve" and pay the fee.
- Send the required documentation by post to the Danish Patient Safety Authority or as attached files by email to email@example.com.
When submitting the required documentation, please also provide information on the countries where you have worked in the past 5 years.
If sending documentation via email, ensure that the scanned documents are of excellent quality, in color, and fully visible.
You will need to submit the following documents:
- Documentation of your name, date of birth, and nationality (e.g., a copy of the relevant page in your passport).
- Name change certificate/marriage certificate, if applicable.
- EU diploma or other evidence of formal qualifications as stated in the Annex to Directive 2005/36/EC.
The Annex to Directive 2005/36/EC
- Translation of the EU diploma or other evidence of formal qualifications, if required.
- A certificate of conformity issued by the health authorities confirming that you have completed the necessary training to obtain your qualification, and that this training meets the standards specified in Directive 2005/36/EC.
- Translation of the statement from the health authorities.
- Certificate of current professional status/certificate of good standing. This certificate must confirm that you are authorized to practice within your profession, including any specialization, and that your license has not been revoked. If the certificate is not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, we will assess it and provide you with instructions for translation.
- The certificate must have been issued no more than 3 months before the Danish Patient Safety Authority receives all the documentation. Please note that certificates of good standing are not required from Sweden and Norway, as the Danish Patient Safety Authority will contact the relevant authorities.
- Supplementary documentation, if applicable, or any other information that you believe might be relevant to the assessment of your qualifications.
- Power of attorney, if another person (such as an employment agency) is handling your application.
Use power of attorney
Certificate of Non-Registration
If you are not yet registered within your profession and cannot provide a certificate of good standing, you must instead submit a certificate of non-registration to the Danish Patient Safety Authority.
Certificate of Non-registration
Submitting Original Documents
If you choose to send original documents, please include an ordinary copy of each document. The set of copies must be identical to the original documents and in black and white. The copies must be in A4 format and should not have any paper clips or folders attached. We may request the presentation of the original documents. Any original documents will be returned to you via registered post to the address provided in the application form. If you change your address, please inform us.
If your documents are not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, you may enclose translations into one of these languages. Alternatively, you can wait until we have processed your application and assessed which documents require translation. However, please note that this may result in extended processing time for your application. Translations must meet the following criteria:
Translations can be made by:
- The university or authority that issued the document.
- A translator. The translator's name and stamp must be clearly visible on the translation. If the stamp is not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, or English, it must be translated bya translator.
Upon receiving your application and supporting documents, we will send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your application for Danish authorization. Please check your junk email folder as our emails may sometimes be delivered there. We will review your application and promptly inform you of any missing documents.
Applications are processed in the order they are received. The expected processing time is 3 months from the receipt of all necessary information and documentation.
We prioritize applicants who are closest to being able to contribute to the Danish healthcare system. This prioritization takes into account both the societal benefit and the individual applicant's circumstances. Therefore, if you provide documentation for a specific job offer or an email from an employer regarding employment that requires Danish authorization, your application will receive priority. This applies to all applications that have not yet been processed.
If your application is approved, we will email you your Danish authorization. In the event that your application is not successful, we will inform you of our assessment prior to making a final decision, or you will receive a substantiated decision.
The Public Online Register of Healthcare Professionals
Once you have received your authorization as a nurse, your registration will be displayed in our public online register of healthcare professionals. This allows you, your employer, and anyone interested to verify your registration status.
Online Register - Registered Health Professionals