Please note that applications from social and healthcare assistants whose primary qualifications were obtained more than 6 years prior to submitting a fully documented application to the Danish Patient Safety Authority will be rejected. However, if you include a document demonstrating at least 12 months of professional experience as a social and healthcare assistants within the 6 years preceding the application date (referred to as the "6-year rule"), your application will be considered.
To begin the application process, you need to:
- Fill out the online application form and submit it electronically.
- Print and sign the application form
- Send the signed application form and the required documentation by regular mail to the Danish Patient Safety Authority at the following address: Danish Patient Safety Authority Authorisation Office Islands Brygge 67 2300 Copenhagen S
Alternatively, you can deliver your application and documentation in person at the reception desk of the Danish Patient Safety Authority. For contact information and opening hours, please refer to the "Contact" page. When submitting your documentation, remember to enclose a cover letter that includes your name, address, and signature, or simply complete the application form.
Each document you submit must be numbered in accordance with the following list. For example, the documentation of your name, date of birth, and nationality should be labeled as number 1.
- Documentation of name, date of birth, and nationality (such as a certified copy of the relevant page in your passport).
- Name change certificate or marriage certificate, if applicable.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) detailing your qualifications and work experience in chronological order.
- Diploma or certificate.
- Detailed transcript of your study program from the educational institution, including the following information:
- Admission requirements
- Total duration of the education
- Theoretical education: subjects and lecture hours for each subject
- Clinical education: subjects and duration in hours
- Clinical education: departments and number of weeks in each department
- Documentation of at least 12 months' work experience as a social and healthcare assistants (only required if you completed your training more than 6 years prior to this application, as per the 6-year rule). The documentation must confirm full-time employment and provide detailed information about your daily professional tasks.
- Filled-in form or certificate from your educational institution. The educational institution must send the certificate/form directly to the Danish Patient Safety Authority. The envelope or package must clearly indicate that it has been sent by the educational institution. If the certificate is not in English, we will send it to you after a specific assessment, allowing you to have a certified translator translate the document. Please note that certificates sent by the applicant will not be accepted by the Danish Patient Safety Authority.
Filled in form
- Filled-in form or certificate from the competent health authorities in your most recent country of work or residence (Certificate of Current Professional Status or certificate of good standing). This certificate must confirm that you are legally authorized to practice your profession and that you have not been involved in any misconduct or been found unfit to practice. It should also confirm that no cautions or conditions have been applied to your registration. If the certificate is not in English, we will send it to you after a specific assessment, allowing you to have a translator translate the document. The relevant health authority must send the certificate/form directly to the Danish Patient Safety Authority, and the envelope or package should clearly indicate that it has been sent by the relevant health authority. The certificate/form must be issued no more than 3 months prior to the Danish Patient Safety Authority receiving all the documentation. Please note that certificates sent by the applicant will not be accepted by the Danish Patient Safety Authority.
Filled in form
- Supplementary documentation or additional information that may be relevant to the assessment of your formal qualifications.
- Power of attorney, if another person or entity (such as job centers or municipalities) is handling your application.
Certificate of Non-registration
If you are not yet registered within your profession and are unable to submit a certificate of good standing, you must instead provide a certificate of non-registration. This certificate must be sent directly from the competent authority to the Danish Patient Safety Authority.
The Danish Patient Safety Authority cannot assist applicants in contacting foreign authorities or universities to obtain documentation. For information regarding the certificate from your educational institution and certificate of good standing, please visit our website, where we officially request this documentation (links provided in points 7 and 8).
When submitting your documentation, please send two copies by mail:
- Copy 1: Original documentation or certified true copies (black and white).
- Copy 2: Ordinary copies of Copy 1 (black and white, A4 format, without paper clips or folders).
Certificate of Non-registration
Certified True Copies
If you prefer to send copies rather than the original documents, these copies must be certified as true copies by an embassy/consulate, notary public, police, or the authority that issued the document. The certified copy should bear a stamp and signature confirming, in English or Danish, that it is a true copy of the original document. The authority or signatory should be easily identifiable. Please note that private individuals or employees of employment agencies are not authorized to make certified copies.
We may request that you present your original documents. Translations must always be submitted in their original form. Original documentation will be returned to you by registered mail.
Translation into Danish or English
If your documents are not in English, you can provide translations into Danish or English (we also accept translations into Norwegian or Swedish). You may choose to wait until we have processed your application and assessed which documents require translation. However, please be aware that if you do not include translated documents with your initial submission, the assessment process may be prolonged.
Translations must be done by one of the following:
- The university or authority that issued the document
- A professional translator
The translator's name and stamp must be clearly visible on the translation. If the stamp is not in Danish or English, it must be translated by the translator. The translated document should be securely attached to the original document using a band, seal, or similar method.
Once we receive your application and documentation by mail, you will receive a confirmation email (please check your junk email folder, as our emails sometimes end up there). The assessment process may take up to 6 months from the date when the Danish Patient Safety Authority receives all the required documentation. During this time, we will determine whether your application is complete or if additional documentation is needed. If you provide additional documentation, you will not receive a confirmation.
We will conduct an individual assessment of your primary qualifications to determine your eligibility for testing. Additional documentation regarding your study program may be requested.
Once we have completed the assessment of your application, we will notify you via email if any additional documentation is required. Alternatively, we will send you a letter along with your documentation. If your formal qualifications are approved, the letter will provide information on the requirements for obtaining Danish authorization as a social and healthcare assistants. Please note that this letter does not serve as your authorization.