What you need to pass
As a starting point, you must pass the Danish Test 3 in order to proceed with your application for authorization.
The test consists of three parts and is both oral and written. To continue your application for authorization as an ambulance paramedic in Denmark, you must pass the three parts:
- Oral communication with a grade of 10.
- Reading comprehension with a grade of 7.
- Written composition with a grade of 7.
After April 1, 2019
If you have taken the test after April 1, 2019, you have one or more attempts within a 12-month period to achieve the minimum grades in the three mentioned subjects.
Before April 1, 2019
If you have taken the test before April 1, 2019, you must have achieved the minimum grades in the three mentioned subjects in a single test.
If you have taken a Danish Test
- You do not need to take the test if you meet one of the following requirements:
- You have passed "Danish Test 3" with the required grades, and the test is no more than 12 months old at the time we receive your application for Danish authorization.
- You have resided in Denmark since passing the test with the required grades.
- You have a Danish upper secondary education.
- You have completed and passed one of the following educations, and you have proof of it:
- Individual courses at A level in written and oral Danish or Danish as a second language in STX, HF, HHX, and EUX. You must have passed the exams with grades 02 (7-point scale) or 6 (13-point scale) at a minimum.
- A level in written and oral Danish at GIF (Gymnasiale indslusningsforløb for flygtninge og indvandrere), where you have passed with grades 02 (7-point scale) or 6 (13-point scale) at a minimum.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with grades 02 (7-point scale) or 6 (13-point scale) at a minimum in written and oral Danish at A level.
- Higher education in Denmark at universities, business schools, nursing schools, etc., unless it involves a foreign language education program.
- Studieprøven (passed) from language centers (providers of Danish education) (until 2002, Danskprøve 2).
Documentation of Language Skills
You must send us your documentation of language skills in Danish by mail. You should either send the original certificate or a certified true copy.
You may also submit your documentation in person at our reception.
The address is:
Styrelsen for Patientsikkerhed Autorisation og EU-sygesikring Islands Brygge 67 2300 Copenhagen S.
Once we have received your documentation of language requirements, we will send you an acknowledgment via digital post, where we will also inform you about the next steps in the process. However, it is a prerequisite that we have previously found your foreign education suitable for assessment, and you have received notification of this in a letter.
You can only enroll in the course on Danish healthcare legislation and be registered for the practical tests after receiving our acknowledgment.
We will return your original certificate, if applicable, and other original documentation by registered mail to the address you provided in your application. Therefore, remember to notify us if you have a new address.
Please note that we do not accept a test protocol instead of the final certificate for Danish Test 3. Furthermore, we request that you do not submit the letters we have sent you during the process.
The expected processing time is 3 business days from the point when the conditions are met.