EU member states
If you have completed your medical training in an EU/EEA country and are a citizen of an EU/EEA country, you need to fill in the below application form to obtain Danish authorisation, permission to work independently as a dentist and specialist registration (if applicable). The fee for permission to work independently is DKK 1,206 and DKK 4,165 for registration of specialist qualifications.
If you already hold Danish authorisation and permission to work independently as a dentist and want to apply for Danish specialist registration, you can find guidelines and the application form here: Specialist registration Nordic region/EU.
You need to send the application form electronically.
- Fill in the application form.
- Send the form electronically.
- Click “Approve" and pay the fee.
- Send the required documentation by post to the Danish Patient Safety Authority or as attached files by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you send documentation by e-mail, please make sure that the scanned documents are of excellent quality, in color and fully pictured.
- Documentation of name, date of birth and nationality (e.g. a certified copy of the relevant page in your passport).
- Name change certificate/marriage certificate, if any.
- Curriculum vitae, listing your qualifications and work experience in chronological order.
- EU diploma or other evidence of formal qualifications as mentioned i in the annex to Directive 2005/36/EC.
- Translation of EU diploma or other evidence of formal qualifications, if any.
- Certificate of current professional status/certificate of good standing. The certificates must confirm that you are entitled to practice within your profession and that your licence to practice was not withdrawn. If you hold specialist qualifications, the certificate must confirm that you are entitled to practice within your speciality. If the certificate is not in English, we will – following a specific assessment – send it to you so that you can ask a translator to translate the document. The certificate must have been issued no more than 3 months before the Danish Patient Safety Authority receives all the documentation.
- Certificate of completion of specialist training, if any, issued by the appropriate competent health authority.
- Translation, if relevant, of the certificate of completion of specialist qualifications.
- Original certificate of conformity issued by the competent health authorities confirming that the training meets the relevant articles of Directive 2005/36/EC (certificate of conformity)
- Power of attorney, if another person, including employment agencies etc., handles your application.
If you send original documents, you also need to enclose an ordinary copy of each document. The set of copies must be identical with the original documents and be in black and white. The copies must be in A4 format and without paper clips, folders, etc. We may ask you to present the original documents. Original documents will be returned to you by registered post to the address you have stated in the application form. Please let us know if you change your address.
Translation into Danish or English
This does not apply to applications from Sweden, Norway and Germany.
If your documents are not in English, you may enclose translations into Danish or English of the enclosed documentation. You can also wait until we have processed your application and assessed which documents need to be translated. You should, however, expect an extended assessment time if you do not enclose translated documents.
The translation must be made by one of the following:
- The university or authority that issued the document.
- A translator. The translator’s name and stamp must appear clearly from the translation. If the stamp is not in Danish, English or German, it must be translated by a translator.
You will receive confirmation by email when we have received your application and documentation (check your junk email folder, since our emails are sometimes delivered in that folder). You should expect an assessment time of up to 3 months, before we have assessed whether your application is complete or whether you have to provide additional documentation. You will not receive confirmation when you send additional documentation.
When we have finalised the assessment of your application, you will receive two or three emails with your Danish authorisation, permission to work independently as a dentist and your specialist registration (if applicable).
The public online register of healthcare professionals
When you have received your authorisation, permission to work independently as a dentist and specialist registration (if applicable), the registrations will appear from our public online register of healthcare professionals. Here you, your employer and anyone interested can see your registration status.