stps en logo

Dentist: application for registration

Share this content with others

If you have completed dental training in a country outside Denmark and want to work as a dentist (tandlæge) in Denmark, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands, you need to apply for Danish registration.

Authorisation process

The authorisation process and the required documentation depend on the country in which you are a national and the country in which you qualified as a dentist:

Keep updated

Until you have been granted Danish authorisation and permission to work independently as a dentist, you are obliged to keep updated about any changes to the authorisation process and the deadlines you have to meet.

Sound communication

According to the Danish Authorisation Act, dentists are required to practice their profession with due care and conscientiousness. This provision also implies sound communication with patients, relatives, other healthcare professionals etc. The appointing authority assesses whether the dentist meets the requirements laid down in the Danish Authorisation Act.

75 years rule

The entitlement to practice as a dentist expires at the age of 75. Read more about the 75 years rule.