Non-EU countries (third countries)
Follow this procedure if:
- You are a national of a non-EU/EEA country and have completed chiropractor training in a non-EU/EEA country.
- You are a national of a non-EU/EEA country and have completed chiropractor training in an EU/EEA country (other than Denmark).
- You are a national of an EU/EEA country and have completed chiropractor training in a non-EU/EEA country. You can apply for registration under the special EU/EEA provisions if you have worked for at least three years in another EU/EEA country.
News and deadlines
It is important that you keep updated about any changes to the registration procedure and that you are aware of the special deadlines you have to meet.
To obtain Danish authorisation as a chiropractor, you need to follow the below steps:
1. Application and approval of qualifications
To apply for Danish authorisation you need to fill out an application and send it electronically to the Danish Patient Safety Authority. Print and sign the application form and send it along with the documentation of your qualifications by ordinary mail. The required documentation must be sent in 2 copies in either certified true copies or original documents and regular copies. For more information see Application and approval of qualifications.
If your education has been approved (suitable for testing, can be equated with the Danish education), you will be given 3 years to fulfill the conditions for permanent authorisation in Denmark.
2. Language test
You need to pass the language test "Prøve i dansk 3" (Danish 3 Exam) and obtain the minimum scores of 10, 7, 7. The language test is held twice a year in May/June and in November/December, and you can take the exam from various language centers in Denmark. You can take the language test before you send your application and documentation of formal qualifications. However, you must have passed the exam less than 12 months before you apply for registration, unless you can prove that you have stayed continuously in Denmark in the period after you passed the language test. For more information, see Language test.
3. Employment for adaptation and training purposes
When you have passed the language test with the required scores, you can take up employment for adaptation and training purposes (evalueringsansættelse). This employment is for the purpose of assessing your clinical skills and your communication skills. For more information view the page Employment for adaption and training purposes.